Monday, September 27, 2010

6th Month Reflections

My thoughts on the 6th month:

- All at the same time, I feel like I've been pregnant forever ... and like it's going by so fast!

- I really thought I'd be one of those women who relished in the joys of pregnancy and loved every moment of it ... but I don't. It makes me feel like a bad mom to say it, but there is nothing miraculous about the nausea, sciatica, discomfort, or weight gain.

- Feeling him move and kick is the BEST feeling ever! There is nothing quite like it. I get kicks, squirms, flutters, somersaults, and even feel him stretching out. It's the very best part of this journey so far. The only downside is that it can be borderline uncomfortable and downright distracting when I am in the middle of something else. I don't care though, he can interrupt me anytime he wants to, I just love feeling him.

- Oh my goodness, I feel so R-O-U-N-D! I've been bumping into things all the time, most notably a guy's bald head while he was bowed praying in church. So embarrassing! I can't believe how much my personal-space-bubble has changed, and I still have a whole trimester to go!

- I was told by my husband that I have a "cute" waddle. My massage therapist said I look "cute" puffy with retained water. I think they are full of bologna!

- I am officially trending upwards of where my weight gain should be by about 2-4 lbs. It's time to lay off the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (anything with chocolate and peanut butter has tasted soooooo good lately!)

- I've turned the big 2-9. The best birthday present I got was from my mom. It's a "snoogle"! The best body pillow ever invented has saved this round preggo lady from restless sleep. I've named him Giovanni, he is my new lover! Poor Blaine and Rudy are now squished over to about 15 inches of bed space.

- I am officially, but hopefully temporarily quitting high heels :(

No comments:

Post a Comment