Thursday, September 16, 2010

Nursery Design Dilemas

Wow, I never imagined how conflicted I would be about designing the nursery! It's kind of similar to wedding designing for me in terms of the creative process ... but I know much more about linens, flowers, and large spaces than I do about bedding, baby furniture, and paint chips. All I know is that I want it to be just perfect for our little guy.

So I started off by collecting a million ideas in images. Here is the document that started to get just A LITTLE out of control. Yes, that is 57 pages of pictures, colors, screenshots, and links.

Next, I had a very serious conflict to balance: furniture color and bedding color. White, brown, or black furniture? Bedding that's bold and modern, simple and sweet, or should the color be most important. Long story short, we figured out the decor first.

We had it narrowed down to these 2 choices:

Then we stumbled upon THEE bedding on clearance when we went to start the registry. It was like winning the lottery! It's actually much cuter in person than in the picture because all the soft colors are actaully mod-ish geometric patterns.

I am going to pair the bedding with these cute wall decals I found on Etsy:

And lasy but not least, here are the furniture sets that we are still deciding between:

Stay tuned for before and after photos of the baby's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment