Wednesday, August 4, 2010

In Good Company

It's been one of my joys of pregnancy to be expecting at the same time as one of my best friends. Molly was scheduled for a c-section as she neared the end of her pregnancy. Since it was the last week before she became a mama of 2, I was thrilled to treat her to the "last burger" at our favorite lunch spot, Five Guys. It must have been quite a scene to see two pregnant women devouring juicy burgers and greasy fries!

Afterwards, we asked a stranger to take a photo to commemorate our kindred maternity-hood. Here we are with Molly at 39 weeks and me at 17 weeks. I was shocked to look in the view-finder of the camera to see how BIG my belly looks in this picture! I think it's official: no more beer gut for me, I've "popped"!

Nathan Blaine (our first Godson!) was born 3 days later on July 30th at 11:30am at 7 lbs 14oz and 21.5 inches long. Welcome to the world little burger-baby!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I was huge! Now it's your turn to grow!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete