Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dear Baby (from Daddy)

To my dear son Zachary John,

In 42 short days, I will finally get to see your beautiful eyes and I can’t wait!

Prior to your arrival, your mother and I have lived a life full of many adventures. Through our four and a half years of marriage, we have traveled, gone on multiple random adventures, and taken on many different challenges (one of them being that yappy yorkie-poo!). From starting a business, attending grad school, setting up a house, multiple weeks of travel, to attending ASU football games there have been many trying times. However there have also been a lot of smiles, hugs, and laughs in our lives with many tribulations. Through this time, we have grown to love each other, learn from each other, grown spiritual with each other and respect each other. It’s been a wonderful marriage and I love your mother more than I could have ever imagined.

However, at the beginning of the year 2010, we looked in each other’s eyes and knew that we wanted more in life. We wanted to grow in another way with each other, bringing up a child, in God’s way and living life to its fullest with our future children. Now we have been blessed with a son to be, and we are so exited for your arrival into this world. Your mother has been her usual self in making everything perfect for your arrival. We won’t tell you about the 8 shades of blue paint on the wall or the “where should the monkey decal hang” stresses. We have witness the excitement that your arrival is bringing to all the grandparents and family members and that has also brought joy in both me and your mother’s eyes as it shows us that you will have a lot of people who will love you immensely.

Your mother and I have already dreamed of the many different activities and quality time events that we will partake in with you. From seeing you take your first steps, to hearing you say your first words, there are many of God’s miracles that we will be experiencing in the next year to come and we are beyond excited. And of course, we can’t forget about taking you to ASU football games.

With this said I pray that God will bless your life and provide me and your mother guidance in raising you. I will do my best to learn to hold you and hug you and keep you comforted and always be your protector and guidance. You are my son and I will always try to be the best father that I could possibly be.

With all my love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment