Thursday, July 29, 2010

Elastic-Infused Shopping

Starting at the beginning of my 2nd trimester, I was struggling with my wardrobe. Not only were my clothes starting to get uncomfortable, but since I have not yet shared the pregnancy with my work world, I was feeling more self-conscious about my developing "beer gut".

Momma to the rescue! My mom, Barb, was so super-sweet to offer to take me out for my first maternity outfit. We went shopping, and I was surprised to find a store-wide sale and A LOT of cute things that weren't the mu-mu's I was expecting to dread.

The saleslady insisted that I try on the foam-rubber belly in the dressing room because she thought my mom would love it ... and sure enough, out came the camera.
I had so much fun shopping with my mom. As I scooped up my finds, I went to ask my mom which outfit she wanted to ring up (so I could figure out what else I'd need to cut from my purchase to afford it). Much to my surprise, she bought ALL OF IT for me!!! I have such an amazing mom. The generous gesture brought my hormonal state over the edge, and next thing you knew ... I was the pregnant girl crying in the middle of the maternity store!

Thank you mom! For the clothes, the fun time, and all your love.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Mama Chew! : ) So fun!! Can't wait to see your cute wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete