Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Telling the Parents

This is going to be the first grandbaby for both Blaine's parents and my parents. Our first thought was to wait to tell them until after our Europe trip lest they worry about me traveling, but it was just too hard to keep the news a secret!

Mother's Day weekend was the perfect time, and my family was all getting together for a luncheon. As desserts rolled out, I handed my camera to an unsuspecting waitress, and Blaine made the move.

"I just wanted to say that it's really great that we get to celebrate all the wonderful mothers here, and especially since we are going to have another mother in Aleasha" announced Blaine. Oh, the reactions were priceless! Tears and hugs all around, but no one beamed brighter than Bill, the grandpa-to-be.

Next up, the Sheltons! They weren't available on Mother's Day, so we had to tell them a few days later, but that gave me time to plan the surprise. My mother-in-law, Sung, loves Coach-brand purses and jewelry. I managed to find myself a Coach box and muslin bag to hide a baby bib that said "Grandma Makes Me Smile". See for yourself the surprise as we presented her with a "Mother's Day gift".

No comments:

Post a Comment